Sunday, 18 November 2007

Spring has come to my garden

I just love gardening and it is always such a joy to see the flowers start to bloom.


My Little Gem Magnolias are just gorgeous and recovering really well after being badly burnt in the heat of last summer. This photo was taken early in the morning.


This one was taken a few hours later. It is amazing to watch how quickly they open up. There was a little bee enjoying the nectar and two bugs taking advantage of the soft landing spot for some "alone time".





My hydrangeas are looking so lush and full now too. Over winter I was sure they had died as they lost every leaf. They have come back twice as beautiful as last year so I'm thrilled. It will be interesting to see if their flowers are still blue or if I need to add something next year to change the PH of the soil.

No comments: